NICCE are looking for a Design Assistant to join our Womenswear department who can support the Design team across all areas. The ideal candidate will be passionate about streetwear, have a strong understanding of fashion and be able to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
This is an ideal entry level role for a person looking to progress their career in the fashion industry. Previous experience with the Adobe programs is essential and an ability to independently organise is key.
- Assisting the Senior Designer across all seasonal and quick to market ranges
Attending and taking notes during design presentations & fit sessions
- Help with organising product for design meetings and product sign offs
- Creating C.A.D.s based on the description / brief given
- Tech pack creation, editing & updating seasonal linesheets
- Design file management and cataloguing
- Checking & commenting on design submissions from suppliers
- Preparing colour & fabric swatches to send out to suppliers
- Commenting on samples from design notes taken during sample reviews & meetings
- Working closely with the Garment Tech and Product Development teams: assisting them with any design related queries
- Sending, tracking & checking in packages & samples
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Fashion Design degree in Womenswear
- Strong Adobe and Microsoft skills (specifically Excel)
- Helpful, proactive and a team player
- Passionate about womenswear & streetwear
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to work fluidly across seasons & stick to deadlines
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Able to work well under pressure
Employee benefits after successful completion of probationary period
- Generous Clothing Allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Competitive salary
Please apply with a CV and a short covering letter including why you think you are suitable for this role. Please include a link to your portfolio along with your CV as we are specifically interested in seeing any technical drawings and CAD work.
Please note that due to the high volume of candidates only suitable candidates will be responded to.