- Working with the design team and product developers to create technical packs.
- Responsible to provide technical support to the design, production team & suppliers to build a close working relationship.
- Maintain NICCE quality, fit, testing, grading standards.
- Risk-asses new product with the development team at 1st proto sign off ensuring the end product performs to specification, resolve any issues before production.
- Responsible for fit, construction & and sealing process for their area. Ensuring NICCE quality is maintained at every level of the sample procedure from initial sample to bulk production.
- Leading fit sessions with design and PD for all sample stages, giving commercial fit comments and quality/make up assessments.
- Communicating the fit session notes to the suppliers/factories using Nicce tech pack formats.
- Understand product costing and understand the implications of changes in product specifications on the cost price.
- Managing wear-testing and product testing.
- Oversee the development & maintenance of the Critical Path.
- Following clear Critical Path dates, as set by Brand, for their own area. Manage the production process with the team in weekly critical path meetings.
- Liaising with suppliers’ queries daily and dealing with any production and sampling queries.
- Managing wash-care label instructions and wash-care approval.
- Managing the grading process to ensure consistent fit across all product categories.
- Oversee block review each season.
-Develop a successful, professional relationship with factories making it a mutually beneficial partnership to grow business.
- Using initiative to seek out project work on own area to ensure the improvement of quality for their product categories.
- Ensuring the supplier base is familiar with the Nicce Quality AQL processes & performance standards.
- Monitor any returns reporting back to the factories to resolve any ongoing problems.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience of working at a fashion brand/supplier in the meanswear garment technology department
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a good team player, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Knowledge and experience of working with overseas factories.
- Pattern cutting knowledge.
- Creative and passionate about Product.
- Have a good understanding of the ‘AQL’ levels 2.5 and 4.0.
- Strong technical background in making, fitting & construction of garments/printing/dying/finishing in both garments and textile.
- This would be an ideal opportunity for an experienced Junior Technologist looking for their next step, or Garment Technologist looking for a new challenge.
Salary: up to £32.000pa
Working hours: Monday - Friday 09:00am – 5:30pm
Start date: As soon as possible
Please note that due to the high volume of candidates only suitable candidates will be responded to.